The Emergency Room
For the sahabah of Rasulallah s.a.w., the month of Ramadhan is like the Emergency Room. Just like in that room, every minute in the month of Ramadhan is crucial. Every minute is important. Just one minute of hasanah that we do will be rewarded heavily, immensely (insya Allah). So the sahabah would never allow absolutely anything that has no khayr to take even a minute of their time in Ramadhan.
Other Ramadhan golden opportunities that Allah s.w.t. reward us are recorded in the following hadith:
“On the first night of the month of Ramadan
(1) the Shayatin are shackled, the jinns are restrained,
(2) the gates of the Fires are shut, such that no gate among them would be opened
(3) the gates of Jannah are opened, such that no gate among them would be closed, and
(4) a caller calls: ‘O seeker of the good; come near!’ and ‘O seeker of evil; stop! For there are those whom Allah frees from the Fire.’ And that is every night.” 
When Ramadhan comes, these 4 gifts will take place:
– The gates of Hell are closed.
– The shayatin will be chained.
– The gates of Jannah are opened
– And a caller (scholars say that this caller is an angel) will call those who want to do good, this is the month of goodness, so come closer. And those who intend evil, this is not the month of evilness, therefore restrict yourselves.
Will you accept this invitation? Don’t allow your device / TV / idle chitchatting take up your time. Those who want to take the month of Ramadhan seriously, treat it as your Emergency Room.